Strategies and Skill-Building Exercises
The strategy pages are aimed at awareness, promoting good practices, and prevention.
Strategies for Families
Strategies for Families are focused on families working together to manage a variety of situations that can arise.
- Extending your support system
- Planning ahead for “what-ifs”: Illness, injury, or death
- Navigating the childcare scramble
- Household tasks
- Managing public perceptions and social media
- Flexible planning
- Making Family a Priority
- Communicating with children
- Coparenting in PSP families
- Supporting wellbeing
Strategies for Couples
The relationship between a PSP and a spouse or significant other (SSO) is the focus of Strategies for Couples. Attention is given to relationship strain associated with this way of life. Strategies for couples highlight communication, collaboration, and cooperation. The skill building exercises can be completed by couples together or individually.